The 2013 PD Workshop - 20th Anniversary!
Saturday Sept. 14, 2013 - Monday, Sept. 16, 2013
Hyatt Regency, Atlanta, GA
REGISTER NOW - Space is limited to 18 participants - Agenda
- "The PD Workshop sends me home with a confidence boost and a clearer set of priorities – thanks!”
- "It was a great investment for our station. So many of my questions have finally been answered. I want to take Sheila & Scott home with me!"
- "Great workshop! What a bang for the buck!”
- "This was one of the most effective workshops I've attended. I have so many "real" and useful takeaways that I can begin implementing immediately.”\
PRPD will again offer an intensive, two and one half-day workshop for programmers prior to PRPD's 2013 Public Radio Programming Conference in Atlanta next fall. The workshop begins on Saturday, September 14 at 8:30 am and runs until Noon on Monday, September 16th.
This will be the 20th year of the PD Workshop - considered one of public radio's premiere training opportunities. Many of today's most accomplished and well-known programmers are graduates of this outstanding workshop, and anyone who makes station programming decisions is urged to apply!
PRPD members who register for the conference are eligible for a $200 discount the PD Workshop fee.
The workshop agenda is packed with information to help you develop the skills necessary to be a successful, productive program director. During the workshop you'll learn about:
- your station's image and positioning
- programming appeal
- practical uses of research
- station sound
- practical new media applications
- on-air fundraising
- team building
- goal setting
- establishing your station in your market
Two of the best programmers in public radio will be your teachers. Scott Williams (KBAQ/KJZZ, Phoenix) and Sheila Rue (WUSF, Tampa) are outstanding trainers who represent more than 50 years of public radio programming experience. Both have led stations to new levels of audience service, on air performance and financial success.
Apply now for the low Early Bird rate by registering here. Workshop fees:
PRPD members = $350 with conference registration
Non-Members = $775
are just $159 a night (single or double occupancy).