Saturday Sept. 6 - Monday, Sept. 8, 2014
Hilton Portland (Oregon)
Space is limited to 18 participants Sample Agenda
- "It was a great investment for our station! So many questions have finally been answered. I want to take Sheila & Scott home with me!"
- "Its all about the listener which can get lost when dealing with the day-to-day and management"
- "The PD Workshop sends me home with a confidence boost and a clearer set of priorities – thank
- "...one of the most effective workshops I've attended. So many "real" and useful takeaways that I can begin implementing immediately.”
PRPD will again offer an intensive, three-day workshop for current and future programmers prior to PRPD's 2014 Public Radio Programming Conference in Portland, OR. The workshop begins on Saturday, September 6 at 8:30 am and runs until Noon on Monday, September 8th.
This will be the 21st year of the PD Workshop - considered one of public radio's premiere training opportunities. Many of today's most accomplished and well-known programmers are graduates of this outstanding workshop, and anyone who makes station programming decisions is urged to apply!
PRPD members who register for the conference are eligible for a $200 discount the PD Workshop fee.
Two of the best programmers in public radio will be your teachers. Scott Williams (KJZZ/KBAQ, Phoenix) and Sheila Rue (WUSF, Tampa) are outstanding trainers who represent more than 50 years of public radio programming experience. Both have led stations to new levels of audience service, on air performance and financial success.
The workshop agenda is packed with information to help you develop the skills necessary to be a successful, productive program director. During the workshop you'll learn about:
- your station's image and positioning
- programming appeal
- practical uses of research
- station sound
- practical digital applications
- on-air fundraising
- team building
- goal setting
- establishing your station in your market
PRPD members = $375 with conference registration
Non-Members = $800
Hotel rooms are just $169 a night (single or double occupancy).