THE PRPD/LNI TALK SHOW BEST PRACTICES PROJECT
Talk Show Best Practices Matrix
The project has created a three-dimensional matrix for talk programmers. The matrix includes:
- A listing of the elements of successful talk shows
- The actions that need to be taken to deliver on those elements
- Tools to help talk programmers carry out those actions
The elements in the matrix are organized around:
- The selection and shaping of content
- The selection and shaping of talent
- The selection and shaping of craft
- the "what", "who" and "how" of the programming we put on the air.
Created by KUOW Program Director Jeff Hansen and LNI Station Projects
Manager Marcia Alvar, the matrix should be considered a "work in
progress" as PRPD and the LNI continue refining the matrix to assure
utility and add more tools.
PRPD/LNI Talk Show Best Practices Matrix